The computer system architect positions will provide direct support to the ADAMS, 3DExperience/PLM, and cyber range technology development and investment projects, and develop tools, processes and methodologies in model-based systems engineering (MBSE), model-based engineering (MBE), cybersecurity, and software development and sustainment. The position will also provide direct support to major bids and proposals activities where MBSE/MBE are major enablers and discriminators.
The MBSE/MBE/DE are major technology enablers and discriminators for I&S' Systems Integrator strategy. It is a major technical growth and investment area for IDS. It underlies the technology growth areas including full lifecycle systems engineering and integration, cybersecurity and information assurance, software engineering and sustainment requirements for major captures and proposals.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor Degree in appropriate discipline (e.g. Engineering, Computer Sciences) and a minimum of 5 years of work experience in systems engineering & integration, enterprise IT systems, and/or software development experience.
- Hands-on experience in system architecture modeling and development using leading architecture methodologies and modeling language, SysML or UML/DoDAF
- Hands-on experience with industry-leading MBSE tools, e.g., Cameo/MagicDraw, DOORS, and software development tools
- Working knowledge of product lifecycle management and experience with ENOVIA or similar PLM systems
- Working knowledge of systems engineering and development including requirement engineering, configuration management, and systems and software engineering processes and best practices
- Strong knowledge of architecture, design, and system engineering of mission critical weapon systems and enterprise systems
- Experience in supporting large-scale proposal efforts and in writing major proposal volumes involving the development of novel or innovative solutions
- Secret clearance eligible
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master's Degree (Preferred in appropriate discipline)
- Expertise and knowledge in enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g., DoDAF, Zachman)
- Hands-on experience in programming and software development and familiarity with Agile software development methods
- Experience and knowledge in cost estimating and analysis methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, including scope, cost and schedule, and resource management
- INCOSE Associated Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP), or Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- OCSMP Model Builder: Fundamental (OCSMP-F), Intermediate (OCSMP-I), or Advanced (OCSMP-A)
- TS/SCI clearance eligible
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.