Computer System Architect
The computer system architect positions will provide direct support to the ADAMS and ENOVIA technology development and investment projects, and develop tools, processes and methodologies in model-based systems engineering (MBSE), model-based engineering (MBE), and software development and sustainment. The position will also provide direct support to major bids and proposals activities where MBSE/MBE are major enablers and discriminators.
The MBSE/MBE are major technology enablers and discriminators for I&S' Systems Integrator strategy. It is a major technical growth and investment area for IDS. It underlies the technology growth areas including full lifecycle systems engineering and integration, cybersecurity and information assurance, software engineering and sustainment requirements for major captures and proposals.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor Degree in appropriate discipline (e.g. Engineering, Computer Sciences) and a minimum of 8 years of work experience in systems engineering & integration, enterprise IT systems, and/or software development experience.
- Hands-on experience in system architecture modeling and development using leading architecture methodologies and modeling language, SysML or UML
- Hands-on experience with industry-leading MBSE tools, e.g., Cameo/MagicDraw, DOORS, and software development tools
- Working knowledge of systems engineering and development including requirement engineering, configuration management, and systems and software engineering processes and best practices
- Strong knowledge of architecture, design, and system engineering of mission critical weapon systems and enterprise systems
- Experience in supporting large-scale proposal efforts and in writing major proposal volumes involving the development of novel or innovative solutions
- Secret clearance eligible
- Master's Degree (Preferred in appropriate discipline)
- Expertise and knowledge in enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g., DoDAF, Zachman)
- Hands-on experience in programming and software development and familiarity with Agile software development methods
- Experience and knowledge in cost estimating and analysis methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, including scope, cost and schedule, and resource management
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- ITIL Certification
- TS/SCI clearance eligible
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top