Computer Sys Arch Sr Prin II
The Integrated Electronics and Warfare Systems (IE&WS) Business Area is seeking a Solution Architect (SA) responsible for leading the development of innovative, compelling solutions for engineering and manufacturing collaborative and integrated data environment (IDE) and for direct support to major system integration and sustainment proposals being pursued as part of key capture pipeline in our Business Areas. This position will report directly to the IE&WS Chief Engineer.
The Solution Architect will serve as the technical subject matter expert (SME) and the engineering design authority (DA) for for acquisitions conducted by our customers across the Defense, Intel, and Civilian markets developing both enterprise-wide as well as the point solutions for full lifecycle systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and sustainment requirements. Working closely with business development, customers, and diverse engineering and proposal teams, the SA will understand emerging and evolving customer mission needs and most important and develop winning, tailored solutions aligned to the capture strategy for the opportunity. This position will also lead key internal research and development (IRAD) and strategic investment efforts developing the next-generation IDE architecture and prototype leveraging industry best practices coupled with state-of-the-art model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions that can incrementally evolve and improve the systems engineering processes, engineering development, manufacturing and sustainment capabilities for the Business Area.
The SA will develop technology road map for future capabilities, fully document the associated solutions including CONOPS, system architecture, models and prototypes, as well as business and user requirements preparing for turnover to the implementation team. The role is responsible for ensuring quality of the solutions delivered meeting internal and external customer expectations and sufficiently mature to be successfully transitioned into implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Act as the lead design authority for the next-generation MBSE and PLM based engineering collaboration reference architecture and prototypes, responsible for ensuring that the technology, process, people and service architecture layers integrate seamlessly and effectively into a coherent business environment
- Leads, architects, and develops MBSE/PLM/IDE-based solutions for key IE&WS opportunities in engineering development, production and manufacturing, and system sustainment solutions and services. Applies understanding of critical customer program goals to develop winning, best-value, and tailored solutions. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in development of these solutions as well as leading a matrixed team of specialists. Specifically, the SA will
- Develop and document MBSE/PLM/IDE-based solutions consisting of contextual, conceptual and logical architectures using standards-based,rigorous methodologies and practices
- Conduct architectural analysis of alternatives(AoA) trade studies by applying CAIV, DTC, and Multi-criteria Decision Support and/or other proven methodologies
- Develop proof-of-concept models and pre-production prototypes, and conduct internal and external demonstrations
- Work BAE internal engineering tools support groups and Commercial engineering and PLM tool venders
Develop lifecycle cost models to support architecture decision trades
- Develop technical approach and project engineering plans, including tasks, process and critical resources, to turn the solution into a successful proposal
- Collaborating with business development, develop technology and capability road maps and tailorable reference architecture for different service models including system integration, manufacturing, sustainment, and operational support
- Communicate solutions with customers,management, and teaming partners, including presentations and white papers
- Subject Matter Expert responsible for assessing, recommending solutions to and supporting IE&WS Management, business Units, and Customers for challenging issues arising during contract execution
- Subject Matter Expert supporting IE&WS Chief Engineer with respect to process improvement, technology initiatives and investment planning in support of annual IBP process
- Serves as IE&WS representative on industry forums and in discussions with industry leading product and technology partners and OEM's
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top