Computer Sys Arch Sr Prin II
The Integrated Electronics and Warfare Systems (IE&WS) Business Area is seeking a Solution Architect (SA) responsible for leading the development of innovative, compelling solutions for cutting-edge Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) and for direct support to major system integration and manufacturing proposals being pursued as part of key capture pipeline in our Business Areas. This position will report directly to the IE&WS Chief Engineer.
The Solution Architect will serve as the technical subject matter expert (SME) and the engineering design authority (DA) for for acquisitions conducted by our customers across the Defense, Intel, and Civilian C4I markets developing both enterprise-wide as well as the point solutions for full lifecycle systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and sustainment requirements. Working closely with business development, customers, and diverse engineering and proposal teams, the SA will understand emerging and evolving customer mission needs and most important and develop tailored, winning solutions aligned to the capture strategy for the opportunity. This position will also lead key internal research and development (IRAD) and strategic investment efforts developing the next-generation, integrated C4I architecture and prototype leveraging industry-leading technologies and OEM solutions that will put IE&WS in the forefront of the C4I marketspace, in particular, the DoD maritime space.
Directly supporting the I&S maritime campaign, the SA will develop technology roadmap for future capabilities, fully document the associated solutions including CONOPS, system architecture, models and prototypes, as well as business and user requirements preparing for turnover to the implementation team. The role is responsible for delivering innovative technical solutions that improve the probability of wins and the qualify of competitive proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the lead design authority for developing the state-of-the-art, integrated and tailorable C4I reference architecture, responsible for leading the IRAD projects that develop technology prototypes and proof-of-concept demonstrations
- Leads, architects, and develops C4I-based solutions for key IE&WS opportunities in system integration, production and manufacturing, test and evaluation. Applies understanding of critical customer program goals to develop winning, best-value, and tailored solutions. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in development of these solutions as well as leading a matrixed team of specialists. Specifically, the SA will
- Develop contextual, conceptual and logical architectures using standards-based, rigorous methodologies and practices
- Conduct architectural analysis of alternatives (AoA) trade studies including CAIV, DTC, Multi-criteria Decision Support and/or other proven methodologies
- Develop lifecycle cost models to support architecture decision trades
- Communicate solutions with customers, management, and teaming partners, including presentations and white papers
- Develop technical approach and project engineering plans, including tasks, process and critical resources, to turn the solution into a successful proposal
- Directly supoprt the maritime campaign, develop technology and capability roadmaps and tailorable reference architectures for different service models including system integration, manufacturing, sustainment, and operational support
- Communicate solutions with customers,management, and teaming partners, including presentations and white papers
- Subject Matter Expert responsible for assessing, recommending solutions to and supporting IE&WS Management, business Units, and Customers for challenging issues arising during contract execution
- Subject Matter Expert supporting IE&WS Chief Engineer with respect to process improvement, technology initiatives and investment planning in support of annual IBP process
- Serves as IE&WS representative on industry forums and in discussions with industry leading product and technology partners and OEM's
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top