Computer Sys Arch Sr Prin II
BAE Systems designs, manufactures, delivers and integrates radar and electro-optical systems and sub-systems for test ranges, aviation test centers and launch facilities around the world.
The Integrated Electronics and Warfare Systems (IE&WS) Business Area is seeking a Solution Architect (SA) responsible for leading the development of innovative, compelling solutions for the development, sustainment and support of strategic and tactical sensors, radar and electro-optical systems and for direct support to major proposals being pursued as part of key capture pipeline in our Business Areas. This position will report directly to the IE&WS Chief Engineer.
The Solution Architect will serve as the technical subject matter expert (SME) and the engineering design authority (DA) for for acquisitions conducted by our customers across the Defense, Intel, and Civilian radar markets developing both enterprise-wide as well as the point solutions for full lifecycle systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and sustainment requirements. Working closely with business development, customers, and diverse engineering and proposal teams, the SA will understand emerging and evolving customer mission needs and most important requirements and develop tailored, winning solutions aligned to the capture strategy for the opportunity. This position will also lead key internal research and development (IRAD) and strategic investment efforts developing state-of-the-art radar and sensor technologies, and next-generation sustainment CONOPS and architecture for missile warning (MW), missile defense (MD) and space situation awareness (SSA) capabilities.
Directly supporting the I&S Missile Defense Campaign, the SA will develop technology roadmap for future capabilities, fully document the associated solutions including CONOPS, system architecture, models and prototypes, testbed and end user environments, and collaborate with end users and ecosystem partners to deploy those solutions in early adopter production environments. The role is responsible for delivering innovative technical solutions that improve the probability of wins and the qualify of competitive proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, architects, and develops radar and sensor development and sustainment solutions for key IE&WS opportunities and provide system architecture support to programs and capture teams to ensure BAE Systems is at the forefront of radar tracking technology, delivering systems that provide precision tracking data to range commanders with superior situational awareness and various target tracking solutions
- Act as the design authority (DA) to lead or to provide direct support key IRAD projects that develop enabling technologies, technology prototypes and proof-of-concept demonstrations
- Applies understanding of critical customer program goals to develop winning, best-value, and tailored solutions for competitive proposals. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in development of these solutions as well as leading a matrixed team of specialists. Specifically, the SA will
- Develop contextual, conceptual and logical architectures using standards-based, rigorous methodologies and practices
- Conduct architectural analysis of alternatives (AoA) trade studies including CAIV, DTC, Multi-criteria Decision Support and/or other proven methodologies
- Develop lifecycle cost models to support architecture decision trades
- Communicate solutions with customers, management, and teaming partners, including presentations and white papers
- Develop technical approach and project engineering plans, including tasks, process and critical resources, to turn the solution into a successful proposal
- Directly supoprt the Missile Defense Campaign, develop technology roadmaps and tailorable reference architectures for lifecycle sustainment and support of radar and sensor system
- Communicate solutions with customers,management, and teaming partners, including presentations and white papers
- Subject Matter Expert responsible for assessing, recommending solutions to and supporting IE&WS Management, business Units, and Customers for challenging issues arising during contract execution
- Subject Matter Expert supporting IE&WS Chief Engineer with respect to technology initiatives and investment planning in support of annual IBP process
- Serves as IE&WS representative on industry forums and in discussions with industry leading product and technology partners and OEM's
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top