- Chantilly, VA
BAE Systems is excited to offer the opportunity for the right candidate to support a dynamic Federal law enforcement customer as an advanced entry-level Computer Scientist (CS). This is an important position with a critical mission, providing basic technical and other professional support to Federal investigative and intelligence programs. This is also a great opportunity for a motivated candidate to further develop highly sought after skills and experience. The CS works as a junior member of a team and with extensive guidance and direction from a Special Agent, supervisor, or more senior Computer Scientist to perform some or all of the following duties in support of the mission:
• Assist others with basic system and network procurement, installation, administration, and security.
• Use, troubleshoot, and modify as needed existing tools and methods to identify, isolate, preserve, and analyze digital data in adherence to established government policies and guidelines.
• Assist with the development and implementation of custom tools and methods to identify, isolate, analyze, and preserve digital data in adherence to established government policies and guidelines.
• Provide basic technical and other professional assistance in conducting interviews, searches, and other investigative, and operation activity.
• Assist with software and tool development specifically to defeat novel methods of evading law enforcement, data visualization, and Cloud architecture management.
• Develop novel techniques for accessing secure devices; exploiting and recovering secure communications; defeating file, storage, and network encryption.
• Perform SQL and Elasticsearch data management.
• Perform basic liaison and outreach and, assist with more extensive liaison and outreach.
• Testify in court.
• Draft documents on basic technical and other professional matters and assist in drafting documents on more advanced matters at the appropriate technical level.
• Stay current with major new advances in relevant technology-related topics.
• Assist in coordinating with the private sector and other divisions to resolve technical and other relevant issues.
• Complete technical and other professional training and acquire certifications as required.
- Other related activities.
- Applicant must possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science!
- Additionally the successful applicant should have the following skills and experience:
- Professional knowledge of the theoretical aspects of computer science, and their pragmatic implementations.
- Basic theoretical knowledge of scientific problem solving methodologies, and their pragmatic implementations.
- Basic knowledge of and hands-on experience with the state-of-the-art in computer science, and the state-of-the-practice in intrusion detection and response.
- Basic knowledge of and hands-on experience in information and system security.
- Basic knowledge of and hands-on experience with administering and securing common operating systems and software applications and, developing with programming and scripting languages.
- Basic knowledge of and hands-on experience with administering and securing common network devices, protocols, services, and applications.
- Familiarity with TOR and other dark webs
Preference will be given to candidates possessing the following certifications:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler
- Certifications in digital forensics
- Certifications in AWS Cloud
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top