Composite Tech 1
Fabricates, assembles and performs composite layup by applying knowledge of working characteristics of bonding techniques by utilizing precision instruments, hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment.
- Works from process sheets, or verbal instructions identifying the type and sequence of operations needed to construct a variety of parts used for the production of antennae assemblies to meet contractual requirements.
- Prepares tooling/fixturing used for fabrication and coupon testing.
- Operates standard equipment to remedy in-process conditions such as excess or insufficient resin, trapped air pockets or delamination.
- Prepares ingredients, such as resins, catalysts, fillers, accelerators, and colors, according to process.
- Sets up and operates forming machines and presses, or laminates plastic cloth and resins or preimpregnated cloth onto layup mold or bonding fixture, to shape parts.
- Wraps bonding fixture or mold in vacuum bagging materials, attaches fittings to mold or fixture, such as vacuum connections, thermocouples, and probes, and exhausts air from vacuum bag to prepare lamination for curing or bonding.
- Cuts material to size, using shears, knives, cutters, scissors, router, or saw.
- Lays out cutting lines on materials, such as sheet stock, fiberglass or core maximum, following template pattern, blueprints, sketches, or sample part, using measuring and marking instruments.
- Set-up and operate curing ovens and autoclaves, to meet defined objectives as needed.
- Cures product either under heat lamps or in oven hooking appropriate heat and cooling lines, adjusting steam pressure and water valves as needed.
- Verifies work using verniers, height gauges, dial indicators, micrometers, etc.
- Performs structural testing utilizing mechanical test equipment to verify bond line integrity.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top