BAE is seeking a Component Engineer to perform engineering analysis and evaluation of piece parts procured for use in product design and manufacture. Understands Procurement cycles and guidelines, Ensures that specified piece parts adequately fulfill engineering and program requirements. Provides for control and standardization of parts.
This selected candidate will:
1. Work with the Procurement team and Vendors to determine appropriate Component needs for Engineers
2. Analyze requirements to ensure that parts are not over or under specified and maintains consistency with engineering intent
3. Supports part selection activities during design and development
4. Perform part research for other functions and interface directly with part suppliers
5. Prepare and revise part procurement specifications for definition and control purposes to facilitate part/material acquisition
6. Support supplier management and material procurement activities
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
1. BS plus 8+ years of related engineering experience.
2. Experience in electronic and mechanical component analysis and selection.
3. Familiarity with Component Procurement
4. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
5. Microsoft Office common applications.
6. Knowledge of or ability to research a device manufacturer's product offering and part numbering convention and understand the product definition / specifications defined by this convention.
7. Knowledge of different manufacturers / suppliers offerings as "equivalent" or "similar" parts and differences in performance and material specifications / attributes.
8. Knowledge of Industry and Government standard qualification and certification requirements which vary by commodity, including qualification, screening and stress testing for various general application categories (i.e. commercial / industrial grade, military specification, or space-qualified including radiation effects).
- Familiarity with Aerospace TOR, NASA and MIL space parts standards and test/inspection methods
- Understanding of the selection, procurement, manufacture, use, and screening/qualification of high reliability EEEE parts for spaceflight applications.
- Experience with generating space level Non-Standard Parts Approval Requests and Source Control Documents and other part related test, inspection and qualification documentation.
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Electronics Engineering, Physics, or Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately
90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land
and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information
technology solutions and customer support and services. The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the
commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of
mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls;
electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance
sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery
intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and
energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES
employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and
manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and
Israel. Equal Opportunity
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top