BAE Systems is looking for a Component Engineer to perform engineering analysis and evaluation of piece parts procured for use in product design and manufacture. Ensures that specified piece parts adequately fulfill engineering and program requirements. Provides for control and standardization of parts.
1. Analyzes engineering and program requirements for parts and their application.
2. Analyzes requirements to ensure that parts are not over or under specified and maintains consistency with engineering intent.
3. Supports part selection activities during design and development.
4. Performs part research for other functions and interfaces directly with part suppliers.
5. Prepares and revises part procurement specifications for definition and control purposes to facilitate part/material acquisition.
Supports supplier management and material procurement activities Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education 1. BS plus 8+ years of related engineering experience.
2. Experience in electronic and mechanical component analysis and selection.
3. Familiarity with design and manufacturing environments.
4. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
5. Microsoft Office common applications.
6. Knowledge of part testing (electrical, environmental, and stress testing) and its distinction from assembly level and end item testing.
7. Knowledge of or ability to research a device manufacturer’s product offering and part numbering convention and understand the product definition / specifications defined by this convention.
8. Knowledge of different manufacturers / suppliers offerings as “equivalent” or “similar” parts and differences in performance and material specifications / attributes.
9. Knowledge of Industry and Government standard qualification and certification requirements which vary by commodity, including qualification, screening and stress testing for various general application categories (i.e. commercial / industrial grade, military specification, or space-qualified including radiation effects). Preferred Skills and Education Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Physics, or Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology.
Local candidates preferred. No relocation available. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE
Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately
90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land
and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information
technology solutions and customer support and services. The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the
commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of
mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls;
electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance
sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery
intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and
energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES
employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and
manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and
Israel. Equal Opportunity
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top