- Huntington Station, NY
BAE Systems is seeking a Component Engineer in its' US Defense Program organization.
In this role, the candidate will perform engineering analysis and evaluation of piece parts procured for use in product design and manufacture, including Space applications. The candidate will also ensure that specified piece parts adequately fulfill engineering and program requirements and provide for control and standardization of parts.
Other responsibilities include:
- Analyzes engineering and program requirements for parts and their application.
- Analyzes requirements to ensure that parts are not over or under specified and maintains consistency with engineering intent.
- Supports part selection activities during design and development.
- Performs part research for other functions and interfaces directly with part suppliers.
- Prepares and revises part procurement specifications for definition and control purposes to facilitate part/material acquisition.
- Supports supplier management and material procurement activities
- BS plus 2 or more years of related engineering experience in electrical and mechanical component knowledge.
- Familiarity with aerospace design and manufacturing environments.
- Knowledge of military specifications and standards
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturers products, part selection processes, and specifications.
- Excellent oral and written communications, and familiarity with MS Office applications.
MS office applications and Product Data Management experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top