Compass Call Technical Instructor
See what you're missing. BAE Systems is looking for a Technical Instructor to prepare training materials and conduct training classes for the Compass Call/Cross Deck program. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats to illuminating the night. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are innovating for the future and developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. We draw strength from our differences and you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Working under the supervision of senior personnel, the successful candidate will gather technical data from design engineering personnel, understand the requirements for operation and maintenance of electronic equipment, assist in the development of the training curriculum, and then assist with lecture and hands-on instruction to audiences composed of U.S. military and Civil Service personnel.
The right candidate must be capable of understanding and using technical data and preparing materials that are logically structured for maximum student comprehension. This position requires an active team player who enjoys interacting with and supporting a variety of engineering disciplines.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Active Secret level clearance
- Intermediate level knowledge and competency in customer training process and standard USAF training formats
- Ability to analyze and interpret engineering source data for use in training materials
- Demonstrated teaching and curriculum development experience
- Aptitude to understand the requirements for operation and maintenance of electronic equipment and ability to teach students
- Monitor and record student performance to improve follow-on courses
- Desire to learn and be mentored by senior personnel
- Intermediate level knowledge and competency in development tools, specifically Microsoft Word and Powerpoint; knowledge of automated training tools
- Strong team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with the Compass Call, Crossdeck, and Big Safari programs
- Experience with military electronic systems and support equipment
- Experience with military training development and military training standards
- Formal Training Certification
- Experience with training tools
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top