Communications-Electronics Maintenance Technician
The selected applicant will provide technical support of communications electronics (C-E) equipment, systems, subsystems, and ancillaries in fixed/mobile communications platforms for the Department of Defense (DoD), US Special Operations Forces (SOF), and other government agencies. This position requires travel, both CONUS and OCONUS, including deployment rotations to locations designated as Hazardous Duty by the U.S. Department of State. The successful candidate must be willing to travel to Hazardous Duty areas and meet/maintain training and "Fit for Duty" requirements (specific health and physical requirements) as specified by the contract(s) and applicable U.S. Government directives (e.g., CENTCOM Mod 12).
This position is located in Spring Lake, NC, and relocation assistance will not be provided for qualified candidate. Applicants must be currently residing in or willing to relocate to Spring Lake, NC or surrounding areas.
IMPORTANT NOTE - Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Required Skills and Education
- US military C-E equipment and systems training/experience
- High school diploma and four years of recently related experience or Associate degree and two years of recently related experience
- Experience with C-E test equipment
- Willingness to travel/deploy to CONUS/OCONUS locations for extended periods of time
- Ability to meet and maintain the certifications/qualifications for deployment travel to Hazardous Duty locations
- Active security clearance and ability to maintain
- Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) proficiency
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with US Special Operations Forces
- Tactical radio (SATCOM, LOS, HF) operations/maintenance experience
- Cryptographic equipment (COMSEC/CCI) operations/maintenance experience
- Component level repair and soldering experience
- VOIP and IP networking experience
- COMPTIA A +, Network + and Security + certification
- ECMS experience
- Valid US passport
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top