Communications Specialist I
BAE Systems seeks a dynamic entry-level communications professional to support a wide variety of corporate communications and marketing communications initiatives and capabilities in BAE Systems, Inc.‘s headquarters located in Arlington, Virginia.
This position will provide support in executing marketing and communications tactics and strategies designed to promote the Company’s image and reputation among key stakeholders. Duties include management of projects and tasks supporting marketing and branding; advertising; exhibitions planning; community investment and corporate philanthropy; media relations and many other tasks as assigned.
Candidates must possess an understanding and appreciation of the application of advertising, exhibitions and external communications. In addition, candidates must have a demonstrated excellence in managing multiple marketing and communications projects simultaneously, with attention to detail. The candidate must also have excellent writing skills. Project management is critical for this role, including working with outside vendors and multiple internal stakeholders.
The Company seeks a detail-oriented, creative and ambitious self-starter who will be inspired to make a difference for the customers BAE Systems serves. This role will work in a team-oriented environment and strive to support multiple communications professionals in the organization to enhance the company’s brand reputation via marketing and external communications. The role reports to the Director, Marketing Communications.
Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Provide support to Marketing Communications in a variety of areas, including advertising, exhibitions and promotions.
- Assists in the planning of advertisements, including working with outlets, ensuring appropriate placement of ads, tracking of results and ensuring processing of invoices in a timely manner.
- Exhibitions support responsibilities to include development of staff guides, assisting with protocol at exhibitions and acting as a liaison to corporate participants. The support may include planning key meetings, coordinating marketing, social media and other Company activities around planning, promoting and executing trade shows.
- Plays a supporting role in coordinating activities related to the Company’s branding initiatives to ensure consistency across the business with the Company’s brand strategy.
- Helps to develop and prepare international market/specific communications plans to support international business winning activities
- Other marketing communications support may include writing web material for the promotion of tradeshows; writing source material that becomes the foundation for customer engagement communications, executive briefings, and other activities tied to trade shows and events; writing online materials that help articulate the brand externally and internally
2. Provide support to community investment in the following areas:
- Writes internal and external marketing collateral and media materials to promote the company’s community investment efforts.
- Helps prepare reports accurately detailing sponsorships and charitable donations; submit check request forms to finance and track payments.
- Prepares proposals and other material for Community Investment Committee meetings, evaluate proposals according to charitable giving criteria
- Submits ads, track attendance, table seating and prepare the attendee briefing packet for all BAE Systems’ (HQ) sponsored Community Investment events.
Engages BAE Systems’ stakeholders on social media to support the community investment activities · Respond accordingly to sponsorship funding requests.
3. Provide support to external and Media Engagement in the following areas:
- Provide support in delivering a proactive external narrative to strengthen the Company’s brand.
- Writes feature stories, social media and web content or other external materials intended to promote the Company’s reputation with key audiences.
- Performs or coordinate basic graphic design for communications materials.
- Support the development of presentations for senior leaders for internal and external events
- Prepares monthly reports outlining key communications activities for senior meetings
- Support planning for communications meetings intended to drive collaboration throughout the enterprise.
- Provides support to the digital media team as needed
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Problem Solving:
Selects appropriate alternative sources of information and utilizes them to evaluate situations, with supervision.
Developed communication skills to exchange complex information. Ability to build relationship with team members and to collaborate on projects where information may come from a variety of internal sources.
Negotiates mainly internally within a project team or department.
Program team member checking the work of others.
The ability to write clearly, conveying complex concept in understandable language is critical to this position.
Preferred Skills and Education Bachelor’s degree About BAE Systems, Inc. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top