Communications & Signal Processing Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a full-time Signal Processing and Communications Systems Engineer to work on various programs and problems that involve adaptive signal processing, wireless communications, detection & estimation, information theory, machine learning, and adaptive control. These technologies are applied to a number of different RF domains, such as cognitive communications, radar, electronic warfare (EW), spectrum sensing, SIGINT, to name a few.
The Engineer is expected to be involved in the entire development cycle starting from design/analysis, to algorithm development, simulation modeling, implementation and product realization including integration and testing. Depending upon the project, the Engineer will work with small or large teams involving, Program management, Hardware engineers, FPGA designers, Software Engineers, Systems engineers and lab/IT staff.
Successful candidate will have the following traits:
•Ability to work smoothly and effectively work across teams
•Taking ownership of assigned tasks and driving them to the completion
•Ability to do research on your own and/or through collaboration
•Strong ability to communicate with customers and team members
•Motivation to go above and beyond assigned duties
This position is based out of our Wayne, New Jersey facility, though it will require collaboration with staff across our business areas and facilities in the Northeast.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Physics or similar fields by 2019
- Eligibility for a government security clearance (will be subject to a government security investigation). Current Secret clearance preferred.
- Strong experience with mathematical modeling tools and languages such as MATLAB, Python and similar tools in a research or intern capacity
- Strong analytical ability preferably in the fields of communications and signal processing
- Knowledge of FPGA implementation in VHDL code a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Strong ability to communicate with customers and team members
- Prior experience working with RF systems including Radar, EW, communication systems in a research or intern capacity
- Recent or May 2019 PhD graduate
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top