Communications Allocation and Implementation Coordinator
Supports the Request Fulfillment (provisioning) section of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Performs first-level assistance to subscribers requesting new or changes to network connections. Schedules tracks and monitors subscriber integration events and status. Support includes off-site assistance in requirement definition and continues through circuit allocation, engineering and acquisition process. Coordinates technical assistance during installation, upgrade cancellation and disconnection phases. Works with the DISA Engineering section, commercial service providers, customers, and base/camp/post/station support technicians to install, modify, and decommission services. Coordinates, develops, and publishes engineering documents and service status reports. Advises users regarding optimal usage of Information Systems and utilizes database applications to manage field service operations. Serves as central point of contact for clients to determine the status of operational systems. Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training, and quality assurance/quality control as necessary. Logically modifies and/or directs others to install, reconfigure, or remove network and related devices IAW engineering documents. Support includes offsite assistance in network protocols, site preparation, test and acceptance, circuits, procedures, documentation, data collection and analysis, and bit error rate testing.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Holds DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ (CE), GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISSP or equivalent) prior to start date.
- Ability to support DISA service engineering, requirements validation, provisioning/implementation, and circuit transition plan development
- Understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hold, or is eligible to obtain, a security clearance.
Preferred Skills and Education – Hands-on experience with NCCM and RIMS or similar Configuration Management Databases.
- Cisco, Juniper, or other network and/or telecommunication related certifications.
- Experience with: Network Management, Alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Expertise in: Routers, Switches, Crypto devices, SATCOM, Firewalls, Call Managers.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms.
- Knowledge and/or experience with DISA Circulars (DISAC) to include 310-70-1, Methods and Procedures Global Information Grid (GIG) Technical Control; DISAC 300-175-9, Global Information Grid (GIG) Operating Maintenance Electrical Performance Standards; and DISAC 310-130-4, Defense User’s Guide To The Telecommunications Service Priority (TSP) System.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top