Communication Systems Integrator II
The selected candidate will have the following duties:
- Assemble components and sub-assemblies following wire prints, production drawings, schematics, sketches, and verbal instruction.
- Mount equipment onto shelves, racks, cabinets, vehicles, boats, and ships.
- Fabricate cable and wire harness and labeling, using industry standard cable fabrication tools, soldering equipment, etc. then performs simple testing to verify correct assembly.
- Perform intermediate assembly tasks such as cleaning, wiring, stamping, and installation of parts and assemblies then label as required.
- Runs interconnecting cabling amid equipment following drawing, schematic diagrams, or sketches.
- May install LAN, telephone, and power (Network Cabling) into buildings, structures, vehicles, boats and ships etc. including conduit, racks, and cabinets.
- May conducts HIRADCs risk assessment analysis for the work location, identifies hazards, recommends controls, and oversees safety measures.
- May modify and fabricate components, including metal brackets, shelves, racks. This requires use of hand tools and power tools. Power tools include hand-held (drills, rotor-drill) and bench/floor tools (drill press, milling machine, belt sander, table saw, etc.).
- May lay-out and assemble components and circuitry and build prototype or production equipment and systems, utilizing schematics, craft-alts, technical manuals, drawings, etc. Included is the routing and dressing of cables (cable management).
- Other duties as required.
All work performed is according to industry best practice and Mil Standards in accordance with quality assurance standards.
This position is located in Chesapeake, VA. There is no relocation assistance available for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to Chesapeake, VA or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered. Required Skills and Education High school diploma and at least two years related experience
Ability to read schematics and production drawings
Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS as required
Familiarity with and use of basic hand tools
Will be required to supply basic hand tool kit
Active security clearance and the ability to maintain Preferred Skills and Education Fiber Certified / BICSI Cableway training (such as NAVSEA Cableway Certification)
Audio / Visual / Teleconferencing installation experience
OSHA 10/30 hour course (Maritime or General Industry)
Fall Protection Training for working at height About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top