Communication Systems Installation Technician (Mid-Level)
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge every single day?
Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team that is committed to providing a vital advantage to help our customers protect what really matters. We are looking for detail oriented, innovative, and hard-working team players who are driven to do their best, who will always do what's right, and are passionate about making a difference in the lives of our military and government customers.
In this role, you will:
- Fabricate, assemble, integrate, and install communication, network, and security systems into a variety of military and government agency platforms, such as boats, vehicles, buildings, and transit cases.
- Fabricate a variety of RF, data, and power cables using solder and crimp techniques
- Work with Engineering and other functional groups to resolve installation issues
- Read and interpret technical drawings for fabrication and installation of communication, network, and security systems
- Travel all over the world in support of our various customers
The hourly rate for this position is set at $19.79 and is not negotiable.
This position is located in Chesapeake, Virginia. There is no relocation assistance available for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to Chesapeake, Virginia or surrounding areas.
Typical Education & Experience
High school diploma and at least 4 years of related experience OR Associate degree in Engineering or other technical discipline and 2 years of related experience
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
- Mechanical aptitude and experience with a range of hand and power tools, including drills, drill press, band saw, table saw, hammer drill, die grinder and Dremel tools
- Ability to travel within the U.S. and overseas as required (at least 75%)
- Basic operational skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook and Excel
- High school diploma and at least 4 years of related experience OR Associate degree in Engineering or other technical discipline and 2 years of related experience
EMPLOYEE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A PERSONAL SET OF BASIC HAND TOOLS. LIST OF REQUIRED TOOLS WILL BE PROVIDED.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Complex soldering and cable fabrication experience
- Metal fabrication experience
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and production drawings
- Fiber Certified / BICSI Cableway training (such as NAVSEA Cableway Certification)
- Audio / Visual / Teleconferencing installation experience
- OSHA 10/30 hour course (Maritime or General Industry)
- Fall Protection Training for working at height
- Active security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top