Job Description and Requirements:
This position is responsible for leading one of our preferred suppliers for the New Hampshire Supplier-Managed Inventory (SMI) procurement team. This leadership role will help to develop and implement key commodity sourcing strategies to satisfy all objectives. This candidate will assist the formulation and implementation of sourcing strategies, participate on cross-functional teams to ensure that BAE Systems is leveraging spend, effectively utilize resources, drive to best practices and improve overall supplier performance management. This position works closely with many internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to supply chain management, supplier quality, manufacturing, and programs.
• Strong business acumen with excellent written, verbal, and listening skills. Ability to successfully interface with supplier leadership teams.
• Data driven decision maker; ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
• Strong communication skills with an assertive and forthcoming professional demeanor.
• Ability to operate in a demanding and dynamic culture.
• Proven track record in change management and continuous improvement, and sourcing strategies.
• Support supplier development, negotiations, administration, supplier improvement and management.
• Manage and present metrics on a weekly basis, and at Monthly Business Reviews (MBR's)
• Detailed knowledge and experience with enterprise ERP systems (Oracle)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelors' Degree and 3 years of work experience
Ability to execute/ oversee the direct procurement of electronic components
Familiarity with FAR/DFAR regulations and Export Control requirements
Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
Work effectively in a team environment
Proven problem solving capabilities
Have hands-on experience with MRP systems
Preferred Skills and Education
Oracle ERP Environment
Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top