Commercial Air Transportation Engineering Product Lead
BAE Systems is hiring for a Product Focal Lead
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
The Product Focal Lead (PFL) is responsible for managing production and field issues related to commercial avionics products. The PFL reports to the integrated product team leader (IPTL) and manages component obsolescence, FPGA changes, failure analyses, reliability investigations and factory yield related to a specific product area within the Controls and Avionics Solution business. In this capacity, the PFL is responsible for communicating and managing issues with the customer (aircraft OEM) (10% of effort), BAE Systems operations team (10% of effort), and internally within the program team (10% of effort); lead the engineering team to investigate and resolve product issues (40% of effort), and perform direct engineering analysis of product issues (30% of effort).
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Familiar with internal product design and release processes (Windchill, etc.)
- Familiar with internal change review and change control processes
- Familiarity with design tools (PTC Creo, Spice, etc.)
- Familiarity with product qualification per DO-160
- Experience with product test and test equipment operations
- Familiarity with hardware design and certification per DO-254
- Ability to review component data sheets and perform component selection, selection of alternate parts, component date codes, etc.
- Familiarity with product and component failure analysis methods, including use of 7-Step method, fault tree analysis, design of experiment, etc.
- Knowledge of factory test methods, including ATP and ESS.
- Familiarity with part lists and BOM structure and analysis of product design change history
- Experience generating coordination memos (internal and external)
- Experience using MS Office products
- Experience with development and operation of commercial aircraft avionics products (flight control, cockpit equipment, cabin electronics, utility systems) for wide body and narrow body aircraft preferred.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top