Combat Vehicle Electrical and Electronics Obsolescence Engineer
BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring an entry-level Electrical and Electronics Obsolescence Engineer at our Sterling Heights site to support Combat Vehicle programs. The Electrical and Electronics Obsolescence Engineer will be responsible for reviewing component parts lists, identifying component obsolescence issues and identifying strategies for component part obsolescence mitigation. You will be required to travel on a limited basis (
You may be responsible for design and integration of electrical components into military vehicle platforms. You will be responsible for evaluating and preparing engineering documentation, reporting issues to more senior personnel and supporting the IPT in design proposal development.
We may consider a May / June graduate for this position.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Required education: Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field with 3.0 or greater GPA. We may consider graduating seniors for this position.
- Requires excellent teamwork skills, technical writing skills, written communication skills, and oral communication skills.
- Requires good understanding of electrical and electronic components and their functions.
- Must have the ability to coordinate work with other engineering design disciplines, finance, procurement, and program management.
- Must be self motivated.
- Experience using lab equipment and tools such as CAN Bus diagnostic tools, Ethernet diagnostic tools, and data acquisition tools like Labview.
- Experience with electrical schematic captures and simulation tools like OrCAD PSPICE and Mentor Graphics Capital.
- Experience with power electronics at power levels greater than 10kW and voltages greater than 600V
- Experience with power electronics at power levels greater than 30kW and 28V.
- Experience and familiarity with MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464.
- Familiarity with DC and AC military specifications or commercial power standards including testing requirements.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top