College Hire - Supplier Development Engineer
- Nashua, NH
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
The Supplier Development Engineer is responsible for providing technical and project-based support to Engineers and Category Management personnel. As BAE Systems is a technology-driven organization, this role addresses a key strategy to expand supplier technical exchange in order to enable procuring cutting edge products. This role will be involved in challenging projects that may include supplier producibility vetting, capacity assessments, or technical roadmap reviews. As a technical team member to the Category Management team, this role will help improve alignment of technical sourcing requirements to supplier capabilities and ability to fulfill needs.
Participants will have the opportunity for Supplier Partnerships rotational assignments. This program is designed to start a career path within the Supplier Partnerships organization. In addition to the functional role, participants will be exposed to a variety of strategic projects and initiatives within the organization, as well as training and mentorship opportunities.
- Drive Supplier Technical Exchange initiatives within assigned Category Management team.
- Create custom reports from our ERP system to capture forecasts, spend and commodity code activity
- Verify commodity code accuracy and submit updates
- Review drawings for source control data
- Assist in solving low complexity supplier technical issues
- Update system fields to adjust delivery and quality results as directed by Supplier Development Engineers. Track root cause, monitor trends and provide analysis
- Submit supplier notifications including GIDEP's, Supplier Surveys, etc. and track responses
- Support coordination of supplier symposiums or other supplier events
- Initiate and guide suppliers through on-boarding of various portals and tools
- Participate in various supplier assessments and supplier meetings
- Participate in long term supplier agreement projects consisting of data gathering, analysis and technical support
- Create power point presentations, graphs, etc.
- Assist in commodity research projects, supplier surveys, compile data and report out
- B.S. Electrical Engineering
- Experience with manufacturing and/or inspection of raw materials, machined parts, fabricated components, electrical assemblies, printed wiring boards and other electro-mechanical components
- Technical capabilities including knowledge of 2D blueprints and model drawings
- Disciplined approach to problem solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and report writing
- Knowledge of lean concepts
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external contacts
- Experience with data mining with ERP systems, Oracle experience a plus
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top