CND/DiD IA Analyst
The candidate will provide Computer Network Defense (CND)/Defense in Depth (DiD) expertise and guidance and limited Systems Administration (SYSAD) services in support of the United States Forces Korea (USFK) J632 Information Assurance (IA) division.
DiD IA Analyst shall understand the fundamentals of layered defense technologies and processes. Analyst should have a strong understanding of the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors and methods of exploitation. DiD IA Analyst should possess specialized knowledge in computer network theory and understand IT standards, including but
not limited to the OSI model, and the methods of exploiting those standards. DiD IA Analyst should be familiar with the utilization, configuration, and implementation of industry standard cyber defense capabilities including but
not limited to web content filters, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS, HBSS, SIEM, DNS security practices, advanced log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access control lists.
DiD IA Analysis includes serving as a Subject matter Expert (SME) for Cyber Defense infrastructure services, eveloping and implementing enterprise network cyber defensive capabilities, detecting and preventing sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities, and monitoring and reporting status of DiD equipment.
- Draft and coordinate incident report as per incident handling life cycle.
- Timely and accurate reporting in accordance with CJ CSI 6510.01 reporting guidelines.
- Provide coordination of significant incidents with USCYBERCOM and supported entities.
- Executing, drafting and editing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Ensure proper analysis is performed to include malware analysis and forensic analysis of the victim computer.
- Correlate multiple network logs to create an accurate picture of the incident for reporting purposes.
- Maintain 8570.01 compliance for IAT level III and CNDSP certifications.
- Knowledge of signature development for various IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems) technologies and Security Information Event Management (SIEM) is a plus.
- Knowledge of various PCAP analysis tools like Wireshark, Ethereal, TCPdump.
- Provide log analysis of multiple security devices both host based and network based.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree
CND-SP Analyst or CND-SP Incident Reporter certification
Microsoft and/or Unix/Linux computing environment certification
TCP/IP packet analysis
Log analysis Preferred Skills and Education DNS Security
Web content filtering
MS in Computer Security related field plus 3 years experience computer security
Network certification, e.g. CCNA
Creating/modifying Access Control Lists
Programming/scripting About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top