CND Engineer, Sr
Connect the people who matter to the data they need themost. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams areproviding customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, softwaredevelopment and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and makethe world a safer place. We’re ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us andlearn what Inspired Work is all about.
The CND Security Analyst is a senior member of the Security Operations Center, and is responsible for the technical security operations in supporting a large customer on a unique and complex contract. This is a rare career-making and learning opportunity for the right person – a make-a-difference role with a large impact on National Security.
- Performance in multiple areas of information security including computer network defense (CND), continuous monitoring and analysis, enterprise audit, security compliance, security event monitoring and analysis, data management, analytic rule development/adjustment, incident response and investigative support
- Deliver technical security expertise in the operation of an enterprise class CND system, dealing with events caused by internal and external factors and the related mitigation recommendations for issues caused by process, threat and technology changes over time
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior leadership with extensive evidence of ability to provide strategic and tactical direction in leading activities in support of team and enterprise objectives
- Provide professional knowledge and experience of CND analytics and operations
This position is a challenging role in a multi-contractor team supporting a fast moving program for multiple customers and/or projects. This task requires expertise in CND systems and operations—you need to be the go-to technical operational security person. Establishing a track record of reliability and trust with team members and stakeholders is crucial.
Key success attributes:
- SME-level background in cyber security operations and incident response
- Experience in IC component environments
- Strong network and host security background
- Ability to operate secure solutions and analyze event related data
- Ability to effectively communicate and advocate key security requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management in government and contractor teams.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal person for this role is flexible, hands-on experienced, technically capable, self-motivated, and can effectively influence others to deliver accurate results for the customer. Creativity, personal backbone, and cyber security operational experience is required to be successful in this position. A mix of professional relationship skills and technical skills are required in this role.
Travel: Occasional local travel may be required
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required Skills & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in IA, Cyber Security, or a technical field
- 10+ years experience in hands-on CND operational and/or security analysis position
- DoD 8570-M compliant certification
- Incident Response experience
- SOC and/or CIRT operational experience
- Enterprise-level cyber security experience
- Experience working on and supporting classified networks in the IC
- Experience working in a team environment on similar tasks
- Experience in cyber security tactics, techniques, and procedures Preferred Skills and Education
- Enterprise audit aggregation, logging, and analysis experience
- Network scanning experience (ACAS)
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53 and ICD 502
- Network LAN experience
- Virtual host experience
- IDS/IPS and firewall experience (McAfee NGFW and/or MEG)
- Experience in threat/risk mitigation
- Master’s degree in IA, Computer Networks, or Cyber Security
- IT certifications—managerial or technical certifications such as Cloud Security, PMP, CISSP, MCSE, RHCE, CCIE, SANS, etc.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top