CND (Cyber Network Defense) Tech Lead
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We’re ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The CND Lead is a senior member of the Security Operations Center, and is responsible for the technical security operations in supporting a large customer on a unique and complex contract. This is a rare career-making and learning opportunity for the right person. This position is a challenging role in a multi-contractor team supporting a fast moving program for multiple customers and/or projects. This task requires expertise in CND systems and operations—you need to be the go-to technical operational security person. Establishing a track record of reliability and trust with team members and stakeholders is crucial.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performance in multiple areas of information security including computer network defense (CND), continuous monitoring and analysis, enterprise audit, security compliance, security event monitoring and analysis, data management, analytic rule development/adjustment, incident response and investigative support
- Deliver technical security expertise in the operation of an enterprise class CND system, dealing with events caused by internal and external factors and the related mitigation recommendations for issues caused by process, threat and technology changes over time
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior leadership with extensive evidence of ability to provide strategic and tactical direction in leading activities in support of team and enterprise objectives
- Provide professional knowledge and experience of CND analytics and operations
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Candidate for this role should be flexible, possess hands-on experience, self-motivated, and able to effectively influence others to deliver accurate results for the customer. Cyber security operational experience is required to be successful in this position.
Required skills include but are not limited to:
- Incident Response experience
- Enterprise-level cyber security experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- 10+ years experience in hands-on CND operational and/or analysis position
- Experience working on and supporting classified networks in the IC
- Experience working in a team environment on similar tasks
- Experience in cyber security tactics, techniques, and procedure
- IT security training
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills:
- Enterprise SIEM experience
- Enterprise audit aggregation, logging, and analysis experience
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53 and ICD 502
- Network LAN experience; CCNA or any fundamental network equivalent
- Virtual host experience
- IDS/IPS and firewall experience
- Experience in threat/risk mitigation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top