CNC Operator II
Machine, fabricate or process parts while meeting department and/or plant goals for cost, quality,
delivery, safety and other performance measures.
Operate Welding Deox system effectively
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Set machine controls, measure and load tools, fixtures, tapes, programs, and operate machine.
2. Load and unload parts onto machine and fixtures from pallets or containers
3. Use hand-tools, ratchets, air tools, or other devices to secure parts and fixtures
4. Machine parts to blueprint specifications
5. Check parts to quality specifications
6. Troubleshoot problems and recommend or take corrective action
7. Use hoist, pallet jacks or forklift to move parts, material, containers and fixtures to and from storage areas
8. Complete paperwork for work orders, labor and time reporting, quality records and related reporting requirements
9. Maintain a clean and safe work area
10. Train others
Required Skills and Education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must have high school diploma or GED
2. Operator I - Must have a minimum of 4 years CNC machine controlled equipment experience in a metal cutting/metal working manufacturing environment.
3. Operator II must have a minimum of 2 years of machine operator experience in a metal cutting/metal working manufacturing environment.
4. Operator III is an entry-level position, but prior machine operator experience in a metal cutting/metal working manufacturing environment is preferred.
5. Able to apply shop math, read and interpret blueprints and calculate dimensions
6. Able to use gages and measuring tools to determine the quality of a part
7. Able to reach up to 50 inches, lift 30 pounds, and apply 30 pounds of torque to ratchets to load and unload parts on machine
8. Able to understand work orders, machine controls and settings, fixtures and tool requirements and make adjustments as needed
9. Able to understand safety policies, procedures and machine features
10. Able to operate hoist, pallet jack, or forklift. Operation of forklift requires passing a certification test and the ability to step up 14 inches onto the forklift.
11. Good analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and communications skills
12. Good time management and planning skills
Preferred Skills and Education
Operate aluminum deox system
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top