CNC / Manual Machinist 1
Must be capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools to include but not limited to: Planer Mill, Radial Drill, Engine Lathe, VTL, HBM, Jig Bore, Vertical and Horizontal Hone, ID Grinder, OD Grinder, Surface Grinder, Centerless Grinder, conventional Mill/Lathe, and CNC/NC Mill/Lathe. Is required to make complex setups and precise alignment of work pieces in the machine and manufacture to extremely close tolerances as required in the manufacture of a large variety of precision parts made from various materials and configurations--bar stock, weldment, forging, and casting. Frequently, operations are repair type in nature, which requires the restoration of overhaul parts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Must be capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools to include but not limited to: Planer Mill, Radial Drill, Engine Lathe, VTL, HBM, Jig Bore, Vertical and Horizontal Hone, ID Grinder, OD Grinder, Surface Grinder, Centerless Grinder, conventional Mill/Lathe, and CNC/NC Mill/Lathe.
2. Frequently, operations are repair type in nature, which requires the restoration of overhaul parts.
3. Works under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions. Team Leader is available for consultation.
4. Employee is responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices.
5. Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work, close shop order sequences when work is complete, etc.
Required Skills and Education
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Must have the knowledge and skill to set, use, and read precision layout and measuring instruments.
2. Must have the knowledge of, and the ability to apply, algebraic, geometric, and trigonometric functions to blueprint dimensions in the machining of complex parts.
3. Must have the ability to read and interpret multi-paged complex machining blueprints.
4. Must possess the knowledge, skill, and ability to setup and operate major machine tools.
5. Must have the ability, confidence, and self motivation to apply talents independently and with good judgment.
The work requires employee to stand for long periods, stoop, bend, reach, and climb. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Cranes, hand trucks, and other lifting and moving equipment are available for heavier loads.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top