CNC / Manual Machinist
Must be capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools. Included but not limited to: manual lathe, CNC/NC lathe, hollow spindle lathe, deep hole boring machine, broach, vertical and horizontal hone, planer mill, radial drill, chamber grinder, multi axis machines, ID/OD and surface grinder, centerless grinder, VTL, NC mill, press, lap, jig bore, stencil, deburr, and autofrettage process..
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for working from process sheets, engineering drawings/specifications, sketches and written/oral instructions to machine various end product items. Works to extremely close tolerances and inspects work using precision measuring instruments. Completes manufacturing/quality control reports and tag discrepant parts.
2. Responsible for independently performing tasks requiring accuracy and mental application in the use of advanced shop mathematics.
3. Responsible for suggesting and working with Manufacturing Engineering and others in developing alternate methods and procedures which contribute toward more efficient and economic product manufacturing.
4. Responsible for performing work assignments which require accomplishing untried tasks, first run complex machining, method process prove out, etc. in consultation with Manufacturing Engineering or others as required.
5. Responsible for making complex setups and accomplish precise alignment of work piece in machine and manufacturing to extremely close tolerances on parts of high complexity, such as gun barrels and other parts, as well as parts of low to medium complexity.
6. Responsible for independently performing tasks requiring accuracy and mental application in the use of shop mathematics, GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) and Feeds & Speed calculations.
7. Cleans/deburrs parts as conditions permit utilizing machine tools, power tools or hand tools.
8. Maintains and returns all equipment such as tooling, jigs, fixtures and gages to the proper storage area.
9. Performs routine operator maintenance functions such as daily lubrication, chip removal, and the cleaning of machines, table, surrounding area as required.
10. Rigs/loads/unloads parts or equipment from machines utilizing special handling equipment as needed.
11. Employee is responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices.
12. Train other machinists as required.
13. Works under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions. Team Leader is available for consultation.
14. Employees assigned to closed areas may be required to assist with ancillary tasks such as painting, blasting, assembly to ensure product completed.
15. Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work, close shop order sequences when work is complete, etc.
The work requires employee to stand for long periods, stoop, bend, reach, and climb. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Cranes, hand trucks, and other lifting and moving equipment are available for heavier loads. Required Skills and Education 1.
of Fanuc, Siemens, KT and G&L controls, CNC programming code including
G-code, M-code, etc.
Able to read, interpret,
and edit programming as required to mitigate production delays/risks
Knowledge in the
use of DNC software to upload programming
strong machining experience with exotic metals including Monel, Inconel,
Titanium, K-Monel, etc.
Experience and understanding
of GD&T application.
Must have the
knowledge and skill to set, use, and read precision layout and measuring
Must have the
knowledge of, and the ability to apply algebraic, geometric, and trigonometric
functions to blueprint dimensions in the machining of products.
Must have the
ability to read and interpret multi-paged complex machining product blueprints.
Must possess the
knowledge, skill, and ability to setup and operate major machine tools.
10. Must have the ability, confidence, and self motivation
to apply talents independently and with good judgment.
11. Assist others in obtaining solutions to quality issues.
12. Assist other machinists in complex set-ups.
13. Must be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top