1. Works from blueprints and established programs, or develops programs, to perform machining operations on highly complex parts requiring close tolerances that are difficult to acquire and maintain.
2. Attaches holding fixtures per setup instructions. Designs and fabricates highly complex fixtures and tooling. Inserts specified tools in tool magazine (storage compartment for tools) according to sequence, depth and size requirements. Requires handling of tools and fixtures over 50 lbs.
3. Develops and writes methods procedures to establish consistency in the manufacturing of parts by other operators. Directs the work of lower classified personnel.
4.Incorporates expert knowledge of the material in use to determine the most efficient and effective speeds and feeds. Works closely with tool design personnel assuring minimal problems during tool proofing of parts.
5.Troubleshoots highly complex programs, and makes necessary edits to achieve extremely close tolerances. Ensures programs are optimized to maximize production and keep the programmers up to date with program edits. Adjusts machines to maintain measurements and continuous operation, as well as monitors for tool breakage and wear.
6. Works closely with engineers using drawings, sketches and verbal instructions to develop manufacturing processes and design enhancements for pre-production parts.
7.Creates 5 axis CNC machining programs using advanced programming software directly from CAD models or by creating the necessary geometry per specifications.
8. Directs the work for the machining processes and assists other machinists as necessary.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as required Required Skills and Education Required Skills:
Requires a trade school education or equivalent, plus eight (8) years Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machining experience with knowledge of complex 5 axis set-ups. Must have experience in CNC programming using CREO, Pro-E, Catia, or other advanced software with 5 axis capability.
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills and Education:
Knowledge of machining composite materials such as honeycomb core, syntactic foams, and multi-layered composite structures desired. Vocational high school or college with a focus on machining or composites preferred. Ability to set-up and operate a coordinate measuring machine is a plus.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top