1. Sets up production equipment such as, but not limited to, mills, lathes, grinders, vertical machining centers, drills, gear shaper and broaches for the production of new difficult recurring work in machining of materials and parts to blueprint specifications.
2. Operates production equipment such as, but not limited to, the above in 1 in the machining of parts material to specifications, changing tools as required to maintain tolerance. Holds tolerance to tenths of thousands as required.
3. Must be able to edit (G- Code) CNC programming and use tool offsets when necessary.
4. Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
5. Uses a full range of precision and standard measuring instruments to check work such as height and depth gages, micrometer, scales, tapes, calipers, dial indicators, basic hand tools.
6. Uses a full range of material handling equipment such as forklifts in moving materials or parts to and from machine tables.
7. Guides, directs, and instructs lower classified employees.
8. Performs related work and work of lower classifications as required.
9. Works under general supervision, receiving assistance from higher classified employees when warranted.
10. Performs basic preventive maintenance on equipment.
11. Other requirements as follows:
Uses SPC on certain job applications; Reads and works with blueprints and job order packets; Makes machine tolerance checks, records, and adjusts as necessary; Maintains high quality standards; Maintains own tools, gages and toolbox as required to perform the job. Performs basic shop mathematics as required. Required Skills and Education Must have High school degree, or GED equivalent, 3-5 years experience in the majority of above Principal Duties and Responsibilities or Machinist Trade School plus 2 years experience. Proof of school certificate and courses taken required.
1. Must have High school degree, or GED equivalent, 3-5 years experience in the majority of above Principal Duties and Responsibilities or Machinist Trade School plus 2 years experience. Proof of school certificate and courses taken required.
2. Working knowledge of Funuc and Mazatrol or equivalent CNC Controls.
3. Experience working with fixtures and Jigs is a plus. Preferred Skills and Education . About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top