CNC Machine Operator
- Aiken, SC
BAE Systems in Aiken, South Carolina is seeking EXPERIENCED CNC Machine Operators that will handle Machining, fabricating and processing parts while meeting department and/or plant goals for cost, quality, delivery, safety and other performance measures. Within this role, you will primarily operate equipment with CNC controllers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set machine controls, measure and load tools, fixtures, tapes, programs, and operate machine.
- Load and unload parts onto machine and fixtures from pallets or containers
- Use hand-tools, ratchets, air tools, or other devices to secure parts and fixtures Machine parts to blueprint specifications
- Check parts to quality specifications
- Troubleshoot problems and recommend or take corrective action Use hoist, pallet jacks or forklift to move parts, material, containers and fixtures to and from storage areas
- Complete paperwork for work orders, labor and time reporting, quality records and related reporting requirements
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Train others
- Perform other duties as necessary and appropriate for this position
- Must have a minimum of 2 years CNC machine controlled equipment experience in a metal cutting/metal working manufacturing environment.
- Able to apply shop math, read and interpret blueprints and calculate dimensions
- Able to use gauges and measuring tools to determine the quality of a part
- Able to reach up to 50 inches, lift 30 pounds, and apply 30 pounds of torque to ratchets to load and unload parts on machine
- Able to understand work orders, machine controls and settings, fixtures and tool requirements and make adjustments as needed
- Able to understand safety policies, procedures and machine features
- Able to operate hoist, pallet jack, or forklift. Operation of forklift requires passing a certification test and the ability to step up 14 inches onto the forklift.
- Good analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Good time management and planning skills
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top