Cnc Mach 2
Performs complex set-ups, operates a variety of CNC machines (some 5 Axis) and may develop programming for the manufacture of parts requiring high volume production and diverse machining operations.
- Works from established programs to perform standard metal cutting operations. May develop programs to perform unique and innovative metal cutting procedures.
- Develop appropriate speeds and feeds. Works closely with tool design personnel assuring minimum problems during tool proofing of parts.
- Develops and writes methods procedures to establish consistency in the manufacturing of parts by other operators. Directs the work of lower classified personnel.
- Follows set-up instructions to attach holding fixture or fabricates complex fixtures and tooling. Inserts specified tools in tool magazine according to sequence, depth and size requirements.
- Trouble-shoots complex programs and makes necessary programming edits to achieve specifications. Adjusts machine to maintain measurements and continuous operation as well as monitors for tool breakage and wear.
- Verifies first piece dimensions using precision measuring instruments.
- Directs the work for the machining processes and assists other machinists as necessary.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top