CNC Anst Sr Prin
BAE Systems, Combat Vehicles, is seeking a Sr Principle CNC Machining Engineer to provide technical leadership for the support functions related to the integrated fabrication of large, complex structures. This includes CNC programming, tooling, integrating the weld processes, equipment maintenance, prove-out, quality, and related technologies.
The organization provides technical support to manufacturing and related functions. As part of this role, the Principle Machining Engineer researches, develops, and improves manufacturing processes, methods, and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tooling, equipment, and/or materials. They will work with the broader team to develop and test work methods and procedures, ensuring performance and quality of materials and products, and that machines meet specifications and standards. They will provide leadership in integrated solutions to ensure machines achieve consistent performance and operate within control parameters (machine certification system). Providing leadership to the team, they ensure technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met. This role will provide input and leadership in support of concurrent engineering with specialty disciplines to define manufacturing requirements, designs, and products.
The Engineer will participate in the manufacturing process from concept through production with the responsibility of ensuring manufacturability at the lowest possible cost. This includes the quoting process and input into both manufacturing labor hours, machine efficiency and utilization metrics and support hours. They are responsible for working with the team in identifying and implementing process and ergonomic improvements to improve operator safety, product quality, product cost, capacity and throughput. This role includes advance manufacturing technology elements and includes the need to investigate applications for new technology to meet long term production goals.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Managing engineering design, development, analysis, test and/or product assurance projects within the large structure machining discipline to meet safety, quality, schedule and performance requirements;
- Contributing to the development of BAE Systems' strategic direction and helping guide the execution of the strategic/technical plans within large structure machining discipline;
- Applying statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and capacity;
- Working with operations leadership to develop production schedules and facilitate production processes;
- Participating in the selection and justification of capital equipment;
- Developing, implementing, and managing project plans to include detailed task definition, resource requirements, schedule, quality, and cost parameters;
- Assessing project risk areas and developing risk mitigation plans;
- Preparing, monitoring, and controlling budgets and schedules, reporting on technical, cost, and schedule status;
- Applying knowledge of engineering principles associated with large structure machining in guiding and reviewing project direction and outcomes to research, plan, analysis, design, and developing innovative solutions to highly complex technical problems of significant breadth, often encompassing major systems;
- Guiding others to develop creative and innovative solutions to problems;
- Performing technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve highly complex engineering problems, using specialized equipment, or by creating computer programs, models, or simulations;
- Preparing, presenting, and defending project technical results and recommendations to external customers and internal management;
- Participating in formal technical reviews with customers and internal technical reviews with peers and subordinates;
- Responsible for working collaboratively with design engineering, manufacturing and quality to specify methods of manufacturing, machine tool, industrial equipment, tooling and gauging needs and developing manufacturing processes which represent the most cost effective means to meet customer requirements;
- Creating CNC programs, process flow diagrams, and process failure mode effective analysis;
- Providing technical guidance and support for manufacturing operations and act as liaison between design engineering, supply chain, quality and manufacturing engineering;
- Developing and analyzing key productivity metrics to optimize productivity and develop continuous improvement processes to ensure effective return on assets;
- Investigating new methods of manufacturing or technology to improve current processes, increase capacity and throughput and meet long term production goals;
- Coordinating the installation, setup and qualification of new tooling, machines and technology;
- Advising management on new developments and evolving organizational needs and required technical competencies;
- Demonstrating and maintaining state-of-the-art familiarity with industry practices, trends, and applications to enhance the organization's technical capabilities;
- Advising senior management of new developments and evolving organizational needs and required technical competencies;
- Guiding in the selection of manufacturing technology projects and providing leadership and input for potential advanced manufacturing programs;
- Initiating and maintaining external contacts with key experts and officials of other companies, national labs, and government agencies;
- Responsible for results of assigned functional staff and overseeing all personnel related activities including performance management, career development, coaching, training, hiring and resolution of inter/intra group conflict.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top