CMM Inspector / Laser Tracker Technician
BAE Systems, provider of some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defense, aerospace and security solutions, is actively seeking to recruit the right individual to help with our quality efforts as a QA Laser Inspector / CMM Inspector in our Louisville, KY facility. You will be responsible for developing quality plans, quality assurance procedures, performing layout work on applicable measurement equipment using Faro, Leica or similar laser inspection equipment and offline programming using PCDMIS CAD or Spatial Analyzer software.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Reads and interprets customer drawings and specifications and identify appropriate inspection methods.
- Interprets geometric dimensioning and tolerancing specifications.
- Performs 1st piece, last piece, and in-process inspection checks.
- Evaluates nonconforming material to determine final disposition.
- Provides support to Manufacturing Engineering and other business units.
- May direct the work of less senior personnel.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to use computers to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
High school diploma and 8 years experience or equivalent education and experience, including:
- Experience with FARO / Leica Laser Tracker, coordinate measuring machine (CMM) OR similar laser inspection equipment.
Experience with offline programming using PCDMIS CAD or Spatial Analyzer software.
Experience operating a global CMM and Leica Laser Tracker.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top