Cloud/Virtual Desktop Administrator
- Augusta, GA
At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing the U.S. Army Cyber Command with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber security, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. The cyberspace domain is one of the most critical areas of national defense. It is a field that requires the most highly trained, professional, and knowledgeable people available. Join us and learn what inspired work is all about.
The role of the Cloud System Administrator will support all operation aspects of the virtual / cloud administration in the enterprise to include event management, system upgrades, incident management, and day-to-day Operations & Sustainment of the enterprise virtual environment. The candidate will also be responsible for assisting in the deployment of patches into the production environment. The Cloud System Administrator will work hand-in-hand with Principal System Administrators, Test/Lab Engineers, and Engineering in all things respective of the system production environment.
• Tier II - III responsibility of the Production Cloud System Environment including establishing and maintaining configuration, and recovery documentation for designated systems
• Serve as the initial Service Desk escalation point for all Cloud System issues
• Support the update, maintenance, and management of hypervisor hosts in support of Cloud System solutions
• Support management of the Citrix XenApp and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
• Maintain and support Citrix Services, Windows Failover Clustering, and SQL AlwaysOn administration
• Manage and secure Microsoft Windows Server including Microsoft Group Policy in a virtual / cloud environment and using PowerShell scripting to manage Windows Servers and Citrix applications
• Support the Windows user logon process
• Implement and support load balancing for XenApp/XenDesktop services
• Monitor, evaluate, and remediate system health concerns of the Cloud System within the environment
• Maintain, document, and implement department processes and procedures associated with administration of the VDI
• Support compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
After hours on-call support may be required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• 4+ years of systems administration experience in the following areas:
- Virtual / Cloud infrastructure
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Citrix XenApp
- Citrix Provisioning Services
- Citrix Xenserver
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Server (2012 R2 experience preferred)
- Microsoft Windows 7 & 10
- SQL Server 2012 & 2014 (2014 experience preferred)
Technical documentation skills
• DOD 8570 certification
IAT Level II
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
• Power shell Scripting
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top