Cloud System Administrator
BAE Systems is seeking a versatile, hands-on cloud systems administrator. The selected applicant must be an information technology generalist who can apply Windows/Linux system administration experiences in cloud environments. This includes, but is not limited to, configuring, administering, operating and troubleshooting cloud test environments.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Configure, administer and operate highly scalable, available, and elastic solutions that implement industry best practices using Amazon Web Services or other cloud service providers as directed by the customer.
- Establish and troubleshoot Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) connectivity and security group access issues .
- Design and develop professional-quality scripts and supporting documentation that deploy resource stacks in an automated repeatable fashion.
- Administer customer’s cloud test environment from the command line and the web portal.
- Provide Linux (RHEL/CentOs) and Windows operating system server administration in a virtualized cloud environment.
- Work in cooperation with web development, test automation and database administrators to maintain highly available and reliable information processing systems.
- Employ sound organizational and planning skills to ensure that Linux/Windows information processing systems provide DNS, SMTP, LDAP, Quest, Tomcat, Database and Apache services as well as integrate with Windows NTFS file systems.
- Familiarity creating professional-quality automation scripts using a modern scripting language such as Ruby, Python, or PowerShell.
- Ability to install, configure and administer DNS, SMTP, FTP, LDAP, MySQL, Quest, Apache, Tomcat and network attached storage devices.
- Monitor servers daily, respond to alerts and create scripts to automate tasks
- Service and coordinate user requests for changes and enhancements to environment
- Acquire and apply operating system updates on a recurring basis
- Work in conjunction with other IT departments to implement comprehensive functional information processing solutions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter who can perform duties independently and in a team environment
Preferred Skills and Education – Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or another related discipline or 2+ years of hands-on experience as an Amazon Web Services administrator. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top