Cloud Security Engineer
- Reston, VA
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed . Join BAE Systems Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex challenges. We are looking for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer to join our team in the Reston, Virginia area. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. You will be expected to develop and design security solutions to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and the availability of information assets throughout the enterprise, and Identify and develop improvements to security controls.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. We also offer cash incentives for motivated employees who acquire AWS certifications.
While working with us you will be expected to:
- Establish and maintain security infrastructure and tools
- Review vulnerability and compliance scans and work with operations to resolve
- Review potential security incidents escalated from operations and implement strategies to prevent future occurrences
- Experience establishing and maintaining authority to operate in compliance with security controls based on NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, and/or Department of Defense Cloud Computing Security Requirement Guide (SRG)
- Demonstrated Experience with standard vulnerability scanners such as Nessus Security Center or Qualys
- Demonstrated Experience with Trend Micro Deep Security, McAfee End Point Protection, or a similar anti-virus tool
- Demonstrated Experience log aggregation tools such as Splunk
- Experience administering Linux systems in a production environment
- Experience providing on-call support for high priority incidents
- Operational experience with networking and an understanding of networking principles
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field with at least 10 years of industry experience, or at least 8 years with a Masters.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Availability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top