Cloud Engineer Senior
- Reston, VA
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are about trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to solve some of the world's most complex challenges. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom. We are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our Mission Intelligence organization provides IT solutions, analytics support, and digital integration to major customers within the US Intelligence Community. We are always looking to provide our customers with a better solution by way of technology insertion, out of the box thinking, and state of the art solutions. We are looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Engineer and Architect to join our team! This candidate will have a broad range of skills to develop and deploy the latest generation of solutions to our intelligence customers. This person will aid in every part of the delivery cycle, from engagement with senior customers to software development as a forward-deployed member of Agile teams.
Some responsibilities and requirements of this position include:
- Leverage knowledge and skills associated with cloud-first and AWS native architectures.
- Leverage knowledge and skills associated with AWS Console, CLI, and Manage Services
- Utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as code in an automated fashion
- Implement DevSecOps J5including auto-scaled architectures for rebuilds
- Use knowledge for IT systems to include, but not limited J5;
- Linux baselines: CentOS and Ubuntu, Bash Scripting and hardening protocols
- Micro-Services: building decoupled systems, utilizing RESTful endpoints and lightweight systems
- Data Management: landing zones, data lakes, and data movement restrictions for security
- Development: Modern coding principles, continuous integration pipelines, and automation-first implementations
- Security: understanding of information security postures for members of the Intelligence Community, engineering of secure solutions, and experience providing security documentation
- Operations: continuous deployments, rip and replace architectures, dynamic monitoring, and quick-response operations up-time
- Significant experience with cloud-first and AWS native architectures
- Significant experience with AWS Console, CLI, and manage services utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as a code in an automated fashion
- Familiarity with CD/CI Tools: Git and Jenkins
- BS degree with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- AWS certifications, like associates and developer
- At least 2 years of C2S experience
- Demonstrated experience of the following;
- Cloud formation
- Serverless architectures and implementations
- Big data solutions for data lake implementations (Elasticsearch)
- Managing complex Sponsor relationships and requirements gathering
- Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
- Injecting detailed technical direction into teams for adoption
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top