BAE Systems is seeking a versatile, hands-on Cloud Solutions Architect/Administrator for our contract supporting the customer’s Verification & Validation Group. The selected applicant must be a strong hands-on IT generalist who can apply technical expertise and experience to establish a cloud based testing environment for the customer’s test organization. This includes, but is not limited to, defining, documenting, communicating, and implementing cloud test environment requirements, as well as attending integrated product team and other relevant planning and engineering meetings to facilitate cloud test environment development.
- Architect highly scalable, available, and elastic solutions that implement industry best practices using AWS Cloud Computing Services (C2S) or other cloud service providers as directed by the customer.
- Facilitate and support architectural discussions with internal customers to understand business requirements in order to select and customize cloud reference architectures to guide C2S test environment development.
- Design and develop professional-quality scripts and supporting documentation that deploy resource stacks in an automated repeatable fashion.
- Administer customer’s cloud test environment from the command line and the web portal.
- Collaborate with IC Community cloud subject matter experts to ensure stated requirements are implemented and executed and solve integration challenges as required.
- Provide Solaris 11 and RHEL 7 operating system server administration in a virtualized environment.
- Work in cooperation with web development, test automation and database administrators to maintain highly available and reliable information processing systems.
- Employ sound organizational and planning skills to ensure that UNIX/Linux information processing systems provide DNS, SMTP, LDAP, Quest and Apache services as well as integrate with Windows NTFS file systems.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related discipline.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience as a Cloud Solutions Architect, a Cloud SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, or similar roles providing production-ready IT solutions using services from leading cloud service providers (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, etc.).
- 1-3 years of experience creating professional-quality automation scripts using a modern scripting language such as Ruby, Python, or PowerShell.
- Administer, maintain, tune and troubleshoot UNIX/Linux server OS and related applications.
- Ability to install, configure and administer DNS, SMTP, FTP, LDAP, MySQL, Quest, Apache, Tomcat, PostFix, Dovecot and network attached storage devices.
- Monitor servers daily, respond to alerts and create scripts to automate tasks.
- Service and coordinate user requests for changes and enhancements to environment.
- Acquire and apply operating system updates on a recurring basis.
- Work in conjunction with other IT departments to implement comprehensive functional information processing solutions.
- Practical knowledge and familiarity with virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Citrix XenDesktop.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be a motivated self-starter who can perform duties independently and in a team environment.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top