BAE Systems seeks a Cloud architect with a thorough understanding of Cloud Storage, SAN technologies and cloud migrations in support of the technical solutions task order for the Executive Office for the U.S. Attorneys (EOUSA) and the U.S. Attorneys' Offices (USAOs).
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
The Office Automation (OA) department of the Executive Office of the U.S. Attorneys deploys and maintains mission-critical technical information technology projects encompassing administrative, technical, and legal support to all 94 US Attorney offices located in over 200 geographically dispersed sites throughout the continental United States and its territories. The (OA) employees the General Integration (GI) staff to provide said technical project management, technical systems and network engineering, and Tier 3 level support for the EOUSA by following industry best practices for capturing requirements, designing, developing, testing, implementing, incident, and problem management of complex information technology solutions to a customer base consisting of over 15,000 users.
The primary scope of duties shall include capturing solution requirements, creating system design, implementation, and operations documents, and system & security test plans with test cases during the design, engineering, configuring and deploying of the various Cloud storage technologies.
A clear understanding of SAN technologies is desired - such as EMC Unity, Isilon, VNX, XtremeIO,, Panzura, RecoveryPoint, SAN switching and related components connecting and integrating with virtualized server applications. The position shall also require working closely with Program and Project Management in defining project deliverables and schedules, identifying and leveraging resources in order to satisfy implementation technical needs and objectives.
Preferred Skills and Education
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Proficiency in IT implementation of Cloud storage gateways, familiarity with MS Active Directory and Distributed File System (DFS), strong proficiency in Windows scripting technologies.
- Demonstrated senior-level, 'hands-on' Cloud engineering knowledge and experience, engineering competency with SAN storage knowledge and experience, as well as functioning as a technology leader capable of providing visionary critical concept analysis for the assisting the government meet key business goals through the virtualization and Cloud technologies.
- Strong understanding of IT Server Management processes as they relate to a Cloud service provider.
- Strong understanding and competency of EMC storage portfolio, specifically that of Unity, XtremeIO, VNX, Isilon, VMware and exposure to Cisco networking.
- Proven adherence to proper escalation and change control procedures.
- The ability to conduct functional overviews of the virtual environment and provide on-site best practices, operational management practices, capacity management and planning activities, and make recommendations on performance management.
- Effective writing/verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Staying current on technical specs for hardware/software requirements of EMC and VM industry products and solutions through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Ability to design, architect, propose and deliver a wide range of technology solutions.
- Able to automate reports including chargeback
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top