BAE Systems is building a team of System and Security Experts to provide information technology and information assurance services, along with multi-disciplinary security and specialized analytical protection support. These technical experts are responsible for the design and development of client/server environments. Develops strategy of client/server system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy. Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development. Sets standards for the client/server relational database structure for the organization (SQL, ORACLE, SYBASE, etc.).
The Architects will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Providing technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple network environments
- Addressing and resolving complex technical proles relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems
- Interfacing with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements
- Documenting engineering standards, leads in the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes
- Evaluating current and emerging network technologies, conducts technical assessments and making recommendation to the Chief Engineer
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 7-9 years' related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program accesses
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with Air Force programs and environment
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Understanding of SAFe/Agile methodologies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.