Plan, analyze, design, build, and maintain chemical plant facilities. Involved in project engineering for large plant improvements or additions and participate in the preparation of key plans and plant layouts. Performs structural design, field investigations and studies, mapping and surveying, construction layout, and inspection of construction. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree
- BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited university (essential)
- Required 8+ years experience in industrial construction.
- Performs project engineering on jobs which also require other engineering disciplines. Selects construction materials and methods; writes specifications; supervises the preparation of civil, architectural and structural drawings; controls cost; and manages work to meet project schedules.
- Performs civil engineering analyses for: piping networks (water distribution systems and sprinkler systems); sewer system layouts and hydraulics: pumping systems; water and waste water treatment systems; road and railroad layouts, including grade, alignment, and drainage; and containment, diversion and treatment systems for pollution abatement. Also performs structural analyses and design work for bridges, tunnels, buildings, pipe supports, and foundation systems.
- Conducts inspections of existing facilities such as buildings, tunnels, roads, railroads, bridges, pipe bridges, and pipelines to determine the integrity and safety of the structure. Makes recommendations concerning any needed modifications.
- Oversees mapping and surveying functions which involve layout of new work and maintenance of records of aboveground and underground facilities.
- Conducts studies of major water supply problems, waste treatment needs, and floor control measures.
- Develops plans and schedules for the construction phase of projects ensuring that materials, equipment, and personnel will be available to meet project schedules. Determines that work is performed in accordance with plans, specifications, and good construction practices and within cost during the execution phase. Is also responsible for safe work practices.
- Analyzes loads and forces, and designs or approves adequacy of supporting members, systems, and equipment for construction activities.
- Determines or approves material composition of various concrete mixes to achieve desired strength, workability, and durability.
- Investigates to determine causes of structural or system failures and recommends corrective action. Preferred Skills and Education · Professional Engineering Certification and project management experience desired.
- Preferred experience in the design and construction of chemical facilities that involve the use of acids, bases and solvents in the production of energetic materials.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top