Citrix System Administrator, Sr
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We’re ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The role of the Senior Citrix Engineer will be to maintain all aspects of the Citrix environment to include deployment, design, build, and day-to-day Operations & Sustainment of our enterprise Citrix environment. The candidate will also be responsible for assisting in the development of patches and executing the implementation of those patches into the Production environment. The Senior Citrix Administrator will work hand-in-hand with System Administrators, DTF engineers and Engineering in all things respective of the Citrix environment. This position will report to the Manager O&S Support.
- Tier II – III O&S responsibility of the Production Citrix Environment
- Provide leadership, expertise and strategic guidance on critical data systems that span multiple systems and groups
- Serve as the escalation point for all Citrix issues related to the Desktop Initiative Solution
- Work with the DTF, Engineer and Transition teams on the development of patches that will be applied to the Production system
- Provide engineering expertise in the update/creation of the Citrix XenDesktop and VDI solutions
- Monitor, evaluate and remediate any health concerns within the CITRIX XenDesktop environment
- Monitor the available virtual machines within the XenDesktop environment
- Monitor and troubleshoot Hyper-V issues and concerns in relation to the Citrix deployment
- Monitor the interaction between Citrix, Windows and SQL
- Provide On‐the‐Job training to staff, as needed
- Review and monitor deployed thin client
- Develop and maintain documentation of all processes associated with administration of the network and duties performed by network & system administrators
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
- Ensure problems and error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Establish and maintain configuration and recovery documentation for designated systems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Flexibility is a must and after hours on-call may occur
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA-V) (CCA/CCEA/CCEE accepted)
- A combination of 5+ years of experience to include the following areas
o System administration of Windows based solution
o O&S experience in the following disciplines:
§ SQL Server (2014 experience preferred)
§ Microsoft Server (2012 R2 experience preferred)
§ Microsoft DHCP/DNS Server
§ Active Directory
- Technical documentation skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V) or higher
- Power shell Scripting
- VDI Environment
- Citrix Xen Desktop 7.x
- Basic Knowledge of Dell Networking Appliances
- Basic Knowledge of Cisco Security Appliances
- 8570 complaint (Within 90 days of hire)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top