Citrix System Administrator, Principal
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. We're ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The role of the Principal Citrix Engineer will be to maintain all aspects of the Citrix environment to include deployment, design, build, and day-to-day Operations & Sustainment of our enterprise Citrix environment. The person should be highly proficient in all core Citrix technologies, with a focus on the virtualization platform, including XenDesktop, XenApp, XenServer, Web Interface/StoreFront, and Provisioning Services. The candidate will also be responsible for assisting in the development of patches and executing the implementation of those patches into the Production environment. The Principal Citrix Administrator will work hand-in-hand with System Administrators, DTF engineers and Engineering in all things respective of the Citrix environment. This position will report to the Manager O&S Support.
- Tier II – III O&S responsibility of the Production Citrix Environment including maintaining complex Active Directory environments and services within a Citrix deployment, including multi-factor authentication and multi-domain environments
- Provide leadership, expertise and strategic guidance on critical data systems that span multiple systems and groups
- Serve as the escalation point for all Citrix issues related to the Desktop Initiative Solution
- Work with the DTF, Engineer and Transition teams on the development of patches that will be applied to the Production system
- Provide engineering expertise in the update/creation of the Citrix XenDesktop and VDI solutions
- Monitor, evaluate and remediate any health concerns within the CITRIX XenDesktop environment
- Monitor the available virtual machines within the XenDesktop environment
- Monitor and troubleshoot Hyper-V issues and concerns in relation to the Citrix deployment
- Monitor the interaction between Citrix, Windows and SQL
- Provide On‐the‐Job training to staff, as needed
- Review and monitor deployed thin client
- Develop and maintain documentation of all processes associated with administration of the network and duties performed by network & system administrators
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
- Ensure problems and error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Establish and maintain configuration and recovery documentation for designated systems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Flexibility is a must and after hours on-call may occur
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top