Circuit Assembly SME - Technical Operations Director
BAE Systems Austin, Texas has an immediate opening for a Technical Director - Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support our CCA production Technical Operations Team. The Austin CCA shop has doubled over the past 2 years and this has exposed a need for a Technical Director to support our continued growth.The position is responsible to provide technical guidance on CCA Production, Process Establishment and control, Complex problem resolution, Technical roadmap development and Technical roadmap implementation. The ideal candidate is currently recognized as a Subject Matter Expert on CCA production methods, processes and standards.This position will assure proper process controls for all CCA manufacturing processes are developed, implemented and sustained. The position will execute the capital plan to assure the CCA technologies remain state of the art and will be responsible for developing and executing the CCA Technology roadmap. The ideal candidate will have developed and implemented strategic manufacturing plans for large scale CCA manufacturing and test platforms beginning at the early design phases through launch and sustaining production. The candidate will be a Technical Mentor responsible for leading the Technology roadmap development and implementation with influence to 20 Process and Product Engineers.
This position will interface throughout all phases of the product life cycle, from early Design through production and sustainment. This position is the Operations interface to the Design team and provides input to the Design team to assure CCA producibility and testability. As such, this position requires very strong interpersonal and communication skills within all levels of the organization to assure Operations voice is heard. Candidate will be a hands on engaged Technical Director leading Technology roadmap development and implementation requiring a deep technical understanding of CCA manufacturing processes, standards and process controls.
Must demonstrate high level problem solving capability for complex problems dealing with complicated processes and assemblies. Must be able to work within a cross functional team to distill down the many possible contributing factors to root cause.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
- 20 years of experience in Circuit Card manufacturing
- Detailed understanding of Circuit Card Assembly Techniques including Surface mount processes such as solder paste, solder paste inspection, pick and place, automated optical inspection, cleaning, X-ray, Post SMT hand assembly, Conformal coat and inspection standards.
- Detailed understanding of CCA Manufacturing and Inspection Standards including J-Std 001 and IPC A 610 and DOD specific requirements.
- Must have a working familiarity with ISO 9001/ AS9100 quality systems.
- Experience with CCA Design for Manufacturability and teaming with Design team to assure producibility
- Active IPC committee member on Soldered Electrical and Electronic assembly Standards and Specifications
- Participant in standards development such as IPC J-STD 001 and IPC A-610.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and develop the Technical Operations Staff members
- LSS Sigma Green or Black Belt with prior project focus on variation reduction
- Strong communications skills from the shop floor to the board room
- Previous application of APQP tools such as DFMEA, PFMEA, and Process Control Plan Working familiarity with ISO 9001/ AS9100 Aerospace quality management systems and DoD manufacturing standards.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top