Chief Scientist Tracking and Fusion Technologies
Drawing from various disciplines, including estimation, optimization, probability, and control theory, the Tracking and Fusion Technologies (TFT) Directorate advances the state-of-the-art in automated sensor control and data processing. We develop object tracking and information fusion technologies for video and radar data, and control technologies that task sensors to maximize the value of information they collect.
As a Chief Engineer in our TFT directorate, you will set the technical research vision for creating the next-generation tracking and fusion algorithms. You will create complex systems that solve some of the most pressing R&D challenges of our time. You will work with our world-renowned university partners to extend our patent-pending technologies. The projects you direct are for the nation’s most prestigious research organizations including DARPA, Army Research Labs, and Air Force Research Labs.
You will help define research agendas to create system concepts and algorithms that are superior to existing technologies. You will meet with BAE Systems business units, members of the military, program managers in DARPA, and other industry experts to understand precisely which capabilities are needed in our computing infrastructure, and use those needs to guide research. Minimum Education and Experience PhD and at least 15 years of working experience. Required Skills and Education Technical:
- Lead the development and investigation of advanced, novel, complex algorithms and scientific solutions to complex technical problems
- Guide teams in executing complex research plans, which regularly involves multiple disciplines
- Co-author / author external, high-profile publications (conference papers / presentations, journal articles, books)
- Recognized among external peers as an expert in one or more specialties
- Assume technical oversight for a project portfolio within a technical area or technical group
- Responsible for one or more areas of research in a technical group
- Crate strategic plans including collaboration that crosses technical areas and collaboration/transition planning among groups
- Provide the vision and influence to coordinate multiple projects to achieve a long-term technical objectives
- Define technical marketing and internal research and development needs for new technical initiatives
- Support high-priority business development efforts, especially with novel and innovative ideas for new customers or for new applications
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top