Chief Government Compliance Officer
- Falls Church, VA
The Chief Government Compliance Officer will be one of the company's key representatives in interactions with associated agencies of the US Government such as the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA). Given the extensive breadth and depth of the US Government s procurement and accounting regulations, this position requires frequent interaction with executives from all internal organizations in the company to ensure each is doing their respective parts toward ensuring high rates of compliance, thereby maintaining the company's strong competitive position in the government contracting marketplace. The right candidate should be a technical expert on US Government Cost Accounting Standards and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Provide strategic leadership to Government Compliance function across BAE Systems Inc. to reduce risk.
- Lead the development and maintenance of corporate policies and training to ensure acceptable levels of compliance with government regulations. This requires keeping abreast of new regulations, changes in existing regulations, and relevant litigation outcomes
- Lead the implementation of Business Systems Control Audits. Establish and execute annual plan to review Business Systems across BAE Systems Inc. to ensure adequacy of Business Systems and reduce DCAA/DCMA audit findings.
- Coordinate timing of Corporate and Sector filings to ensure major, required financial and supplemental information filings associated with US Government procurement and accounting regulations are accurate, complete, and timely. Primary among these are the company's final indirect rate cost proposals, and CAS disclosure statements.
- Coordinate and respond to US Government audits of these filings and related audits of the company's business systems. Such responses can and do result in subsequent negotiations of settlements, with this position negotiating with them on behalf of the company.
- Evaluate the adequacy and consistency of financial reserves for outcomes of government audits and recommend changes when necessary and prudent.
- Plan and oversee the professional development and technical training of all the GC staff for which he/she has functional responsibility and assists in developing government compliance training for all company employee
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical, and leadership skills are essential
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or relevant discipline
- A minimum of 14 years of related experience, showcased through prior and proven experience of at least 7 years with relevant government contractors.
- An in-depth understanding of how specialties relate and interfaces with many other functions such as contracts, budgeting, accounting, and financial compliance for which there are inter-dependencies
- Capabilities to interface with DCAA and DCMA and ability to negotiate to achieve Company wide settlements. Position will be delegated this authority and must be confident and capable of resolving these complex negotiations independently.
- Demonstrated experience with timeliness for all DCAA and DCMA submissions. The role will be charged to deliver these activities across Inc., and directly feeds reporting to Senior leadership team for QBR and Board Meetings
- With direct management of Inc. and ESS-IT staff, role will also indirectly lead each of the Sector's Government Compliance functions- setting standards, developing training, policies, calendars, and expectations across BAE Systems Inc.
- High degree of knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting, finance, and economics.
- MBA or CPA is highly desirable.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top