Chief Engineer - Systems Engineering - Electronic Warfare (EW)
Position can be based in either Nashua, NH, or Totowa, NJ.
1. Serves as an authority and consultant in at least one major technical discipline of high complexity and importance to the airborne RF Electronic Warfare business, including Radar Warning, Situation Awareness,direction finding and emitter geolocation. Works across a broad range of disciplines to structure undefined problems, identifies key technical issues and defines alternative approaches and resolutions. Develops and applies extremely advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts, extending existing boundaries of knowledge. Works in extremely complex areas requiring research, creativity and ingenuity in identifying potential engineering solutions.
2. Plans critical long range technological requirements to enhance Company objectives or meet anticipated customer needs. Independently identifies and solves significant problems associated with the success of current and critical long range objectives. Leads and coordinates the activities of key technical personnel and other employees as required.
3. Fosters new ideas and inventions. Pursues new technology concepts prior to the establishment of any formal IR&D or CR&D establishment. Recommends, plans, leads, reviews, identifies risks and evaluates R&D and technological applications programs. Advises senior management on developments, trends or weaknesses in his/her area(s) of expertise for the LOB and OG. Additionally, expertise is often sought out at the Inc. level or globally.
4. Serves as prime spokesperson to customers and other companies on Company’s technical capabilities in area(s) of expertise. Is often instrumental in attracting and obtaining new company business. Holds membership(s) in professional organizations, often in a leadership role. Represents Company at professional technical forums, organizations, conferences and meetings. Makes significant contributions to government, scientific or technology study panels. May publish in national scientific and technical journals.
5. Mentors high potential and other Engineers in area(s) of expertise.
6. Recommends system philosophies, design objectives and risk mitigation.
7. Actively participates in design reviews, proposal evaluations, tiger teams, etc. Actively participates in new business activities. Prepares and reviews technical papers and reports.
8. Technical lead of program teams ranging from 10 to 100 engineers. Required Skills and Education Required Education: Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience
Required Skills: Electronic Warfare Systems Design Experience
Working Knowledge of:
- Radar Warning
- Situational Awareness
- Interferometry/amplitude direction finding
- Emitter geolocation
- 10+ years of technical work experience in the EW field
- 5+ years in a technical lead role preferred
Problem Solving: Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision.
Nature of Impact: Routinely impacts quality, timeliness of results, planning and revenues or budget; frequently sets policies and procedures.
Area of Impact: Primarily on a Program or Business Unit basis.
Interpersonal Skills: Developed communication skills to exchange complex information.
Negotiation Skills: Ability to negotiate with internal and external customers to achieve consensus on technical decisions and issue resolution Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills: – B.S. Electrical Engineering with classes leading to an M.S. in either Systems or Electrical Engineering
- Master’s Degree
- Project Management: 5+ years as a Senior Project/Program team member responsible for work flow which is varied in nature with situations frequently requiring new solutions. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top