Chief Engineer - Precision Guided Munitions
BAE Systems - Survivability, Targeting and Sensing Solutions (STS) Business Area has an immediate opening for a Chief Engineer for the Precision Guidance and Sensing Solutions (PGSS) Product Line. This position is a strategic hire for the product line and requires in-depth knowledge and expertise in systems architecture and solutions for next generation precision guided munitions and can be located in Huntsville, AL or Hudson, NH.
The Chief Engineer will help grow the PGSS product line by applying BAE Systems' broad technology base to fill real gaps that Department of Defense customers have in the area of smart weapons. This candidate will help champion the technical direction of the product line. The candidate will be leading senior engineers in architecting complex solutions for precision munitions.
This candidate will identify applications of current or future technologies and products to existing or new customers. Through clearly understanding these needs and requirements, this individual will lead investigations in how BAE Systems can most affordably offer potential solutions. Having a strong technical understanding of our offering, he/she can appropriately offer the "right" solution for the end user while understanding how it fits into the business area's product strategy.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Active Secret clearance required.
- Experience in Architecting Solutions for Missile Systems and Guided Projectiles.
- Experience in the area of systems engineering and/or applications engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer and user community.
- Developing requirements in response to customer operational needs and maturing operational concepts.
- Developing briefings, white papers, and analysis to support the business capture.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing affordable solutions.
- Experience Supporting capture activities.
- Experience in development activities trying to find the best value solutions for our customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; a highly motivated self-starter.
- Master's Degree and 15 years of experience in guided weapons development.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- 15+ years of experience, Weapons Systems Design, Missile Systems Design, or Weapons Systems Performance Analysis.
- 15+ years of demonstrated experience in the area of systems engineering and applications engineering.
- 15+ years of experience in technology development in precision targeting and guidance system.
- Knowledge of: US Army Aviation & Missile Research Development Engineering Command (AMRDEC), US Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) Munitions Directorate, US Naval Research Lab or other DoD missile research labs, PEO Aviation, PEO Missiles and Space.
- Experience with Guidance and Control Systems and Seekers (Imaging, INS, RF).
- Experience with fielding a weapon system to the US Army, US Navy or US Air Force.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top