Chief Engineer - Holston Capacity Expansion
- Kingsport, TN
BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, has an opening for a Chief Engineer at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN. The Chief Engineer will lead multi-discipline engineering teams on multi-million dollar industrial design and construction programs.
BAE Systems helps protect those who protect us. At our R&D and manufacturing facility at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN, we do this by developing safer explosives for our government and commercial customers.
Holston AAP has provided high quality propellants for our soldiers since WWII and will continue to push the frontier of energetic material synthesis and manufacturing with your help. Learn more about this area of our business at www.baesystems.com/OSIjobs.
- Technical Engineering Lead for the modernization programs in support of additional manufacturing capacity through plant modernization design, development and construction programs.
- Leads the technical project team in the application of BAE Life Cycle Management processes and methods used in the design, development and commissioning. Guides and develops the requirements, processing methods, equipment and engineering tasking for design, development, and commissioning.
- Leads engineers in support of the Holston Capacity Expansion projects.
- Technically lead the engineering staff assigned to the specific Modernization programs in the design, development and commissioning activities.
- Responsible for overall technical viability to requirements as well as successful completion of engineering tasks on the assigned projects.
- Create the technical development plan and overall engineering tasking.
- Lead the technical team in meeting schedule within budget.
- Provide regular updates to progress.
- Provide technical risk management for the project.
- Coordinate the technical aspects of the Capacity Expansion Modernization programs with the overall OSI (Ordnance Systems Inc.) team.
- Lead internal engineering or external suppliers in the development of drawings, statements of work, and specification packages for procurement of equipment or services.
- Support the transition to production following commissioning.
- Prepare budgetary and engineering estimates.
- Supervise subcontractor work to assure satisfactory performance of the scope of work.
- Prepare schedules regarding assigned technical tasks and provide status on tasking.
- Prepare work flow schedule and process task duration estimates.
- Responsible for assisting the Project Managers in development of the budget, approval of purchase requisitions and of invoices.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Required education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
- Experience in the chemical process industry.
- 6+ years related experience in engineering design, development, and commissioning.
- Competent in an engineering technical project leadership position leading multiple engineering disciplines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interface with various functional departments and customers.
- Experience in System Engineering processes and DoD projects.
- Experience in explosives manufacturing.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain a license within 12 months.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top