Chief Engineer - Common Data Link
BAE Systems is looking for a Common Data Link Chief Engineer to support our growing Command, Control, Communications, Computing, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems Business spanning Common Data Link, High Band Directional Networking, Phased Array Antenna, Systems Analysis, Free Space Optics and Systems Integration. C4ISR Systems is developing innovative capabilities for next generation Common Data Link and High Band Directional Networking implemented in Software Defined Radios in Airborne, Ground and Maritime domains. We are a pathfinder in advanced Communications and Navigation, focused on delivering disruptive technology to give our customers the edge they need.
The Common Data Link Chief Engineer leads our team in the application of new technologies to our current and future communications products and systems. The Chief Engineer is the primary technical authority in the development of new products and the application of new communication technologies. In this position, the Chief Engineer will be responsible for and will establish and manage the Common Data Link product and technology portfolios in our maritime, airborne and ground communications markets. The Common Data Link Chief Engineer can be based in Wayne NJ, Greenlawn NY or San Diego, CA.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Being an active partner with programs, business development and contracts to grow the business
- Developing innovative communication systems solutions to satisfy customer mission requirements.
- Leading product development from advanced prototypes to Program of Record product development including System Requirements, Preliminary Design Review and Critical Design Review.
- Engaging with business leadership to drive technology maturation in support of product roadmaps.
- Driving product and technology roadmaps and develop investment strategies, solutions and investments.
- Collaborating across the corporate businesses and with external partners to leverage technology for growth.
- Briefing government and industry leaders on our future vision and art of the possible future products
Lead Technology Infusion into our products by:
- Engaging inside and outside the business to understand the current and future missions enabled by communication and navigation in adverse environments, and relevant technology trends to predict future breakthroughs, innovation, potential partners and competitor strategies.
- Engaging inside the business to leverage investment funds for targeted technology development to enable growth.
- Capturing relevant Intellectual Property (IP) for the business and manage the C4ISR Systems IP portfolio.
- Driving strategic alignment across our Sector to enable C4ISR Systems business growth.
- Seeking Contract Research and Development in collaboration with our R&D center, FAST Labs that is aligned with our future product needs.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Engineering or Equivalent technical degree with 10 years' experience in Communication & Data Link Systems Design, Development and Test
- Solid understanding and expertise in Communications Technologies
- Collaborative Research and Development leader capable of building a team of Subject Matter Experts to solve competitive communications and navigation competitive procurements.
- Experience in driving product and technology roadmaps and develop investment strategies, solutions and investments
- Ability to form a vision and implement action plans to achieve that vision.
- Proven ability to share and transfer technology across organizational boundaries to the benefit of our customers and the business.
- Active Secret clearance and TS/SCI - Eligible.
Master's degree with 10 years' experience in Tactical Data Link Design, Development and Test
- Solid understanding and expertise of Communications Technologies including Tactical Waveform modulation/demodulation, Link 16 Communications, Common Data Link Communications
- Minimum 5 years leading a diverse organization across multiple sites with different cultures and experience levels.
- Minimum 10 years of collaboration and the ability to achieve goals and produce outcomes through influencing skills.
- Minimum 10 years of technical leadership experience and mission/domain knowledge of emerging communication and navigation capabilities relevant to the business.
- TS/SCI - Active.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top